Friday, September 19, 2014

Meant to Be?



Maybe it wasn't meant to last.


And that is okay.

You’ve probably been through all the reasons it ended. Whether or not you were the one to make the call, the pain is still there.

Did you know that? Even if she ended it, she feels the pain too? She cared about you, or else she would not have dated you.

love this!I didn’t have failed relationships. Failure says that it was all for nothing... but you learned so much. It did not turn out the way you expected, so you probably have some pain or scars because of it. You didn’t deserve to be treated badly, disrespected, or like they didn’t have time for you.

Every cloud has a silver lining. What did you learn? Did you learn that you have some things you need to work on? Would apologizing and forgiving quickly make things better next time? What things are non-negotiable and what can you compromise on for the good of the other? Through past relationships, I certainly learned about how I should treat a future spouse and how I want to be treated.

Life moves on, don’t miss it! Go out with your friends. Meet new people. Pursue hobbies. Don’t give up on finding your soul mate, but don’t let it keep you from living in the present… life is an adventure!

This is the first time I've posted an original poem of mine. I know it's nothing fancy, but I hope it resonates with you.

Meant to Be

By Ariel Smith

Were we really meant to be?
I thought so, but now I see.

We laughed and teased,
And for a while, we were pleased.

I thought I knew you,
And that you’d come through.

But our differences became a wall,
One that wouldn’t fall.

I tried so hard to be the one you needed,
But ended up feeling defeated.

I prayed and pleaded with God above,
That somehow this would turn into love.

But once again, the tide has shifted.
Through God’s love, my heart has lifted.

It was not meant to be,
For I was not fully free to be me.

The days ahead may seem long,
But in God’s arms, I truly belong.

Though I am single tonight,                        
God’s plan will come to light….

The day I find out it is true,

That God loved me so much that He led me to you.


Have a blessed weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Hello Ariel. So good to know you through your profile on the blogger. I am also glad to stop by your blog "Prince Charming 101" and the post on it "May be It May be it was not meant to Last". I am so much move by your experience and the poem that has come out of it. I very much liked what you have said in your profile "good guy get the girl" and for men to learn how to treat woman with respect and dignity. and God being your motivation to write in the hope of that you will reach the young men of your generation Men of God are the best kind and are the leaders of the future. You poem is also a very thoughtful composition. Arel I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 35yrs in the great city of Mumbai, India. I am sure God has puprose in leading me to your blog post. I am an advocate of Cross cultural marriages amongst believers. If the Lord leads you to find a young man of God from other culture and country, I would love to help you. In India we have arranged marriages and parents and Pastors have leading role to play but it is still that the one's who get marry have their opinions on the choices of their parents. Our church has a program for the young people as well as adults from the West to come to Mumbai on a short term missions trip to work with us in the slums of Mumbai amongst poorest of poor to bring healing to the broken hearted. Our church has an out reach ministry to such poorest of poor people in the slums of Mumbai. We would love ot have come with your friends to work with us in the slums of Mumbai and explore the possiblity of finding God's will in establish your family life. Praying for you as you seek God's guidance. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this! It is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad my writing encouraged you. Have a lovely Thanksgiving!

      Delete